Sunday 14 May 2017

FMP || FINAL IMAGES

(It took me ages to make the issuu document so all the pieces that were meant to be double page spreads came out that way so, take a moment to appreciate that)

So here they are, the final images!

1. Front cover: full design below. I meant to follow the Folio Society's competition specs but ended up doing just a generic book cover.


2. a pattern shown earlier on my blog, made from monoprinted pieces; could potentially be used as a 'blank' inside cover.

Title Pages:

 The Bloody Chamber title page: Minimal  - similar to front cover, plain white background.
other pages also have title pages for The Company of Wolves and The Tigers bride which all fit into this layout. I didn't want the images to be as detailed as the actual illustrations, but just a teaser for them - like a title is for a story. I'm happy with how these turned out! I think together they're coherent and also don't look too different from the inner illustrations while having a little bit of a more minimalist feel to them.


I would ideally would have liked to have done a couple of smaller floating spot illustrations for this so they're not all images of massive scenes.

I think for the bloody chamber I focused the scenes that I illustrated a little too close together, however these were exciting scenes and if I continued the project I would potentially do many more illustrations for the beginning of the story.

What I really love about how all the illustrations turned out is that I was not limited to just using various reds, I was able to use a bunch of greens and blues which personally I find more visually appealing and exciting. The colours don't detract from the tone of the image which i'm really happy with!

I really wanted to properly show the front of the iron maiden in this, so I slid it behind the text, I'm not sure if I'm happy with it, it looked much the same with or without so I decided to keep it there but it might be a little too clunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment