Sunday 14 May 2017

OUIL603 Statement of Intent Review


These are my statments of intent: I'm just going to write some notes about my rationale and what I think I have or haven't achieved this year.

May 2017

I think I have successfully developed a coherent and consistent tone of voice throughout my work that I can apply to a variety of different uses : including publishing, the music industry, posters, packaging / advertising.
 - I would still like to look further at advertising. I am unsure if my work is so commercial but I think it definitely could be adapted. An idea I've had floating around in my head is cocktail menu's or adverts, cause alcohol always has weird limited edition stuff.

In my FMP I finally got round to doing some monoprinting and have continued doing bits of lino printing here and there that I have incorporated into my work. This will continue in my future practice as it has been incredibly helpful in moulding my tone of voice in regards to shape and texture. Monoprinting is also good for me because there's a lot of freedom and spontaneity (for me anyway because I do not intend to make anything solely monoprinted), which is something I kind of need in my practice in some way shape or form.

I think this year I have achieved what I set out to do which was improve technical skills and develop a tone of voice, because at the end of last academic year I felt a bit lost about what I was doing and now I'm at least 5% clearer

No comments:

Post a Comment