Saturday 6 May 2017

S7 : PERSONAL JESUS




A bit of a spontaneous idea; I wanted to do an MSI song and remembered they did this cover of Personal Jesus. 

From here I decided I was going to do a general concept for 'personal jesus' with three varying covers, a Depeche Mode one, a Marilyn Manson one and a Mindless Self Indulgence one. 
So far I only managed to get the general concept image and the MSI one done.

The general layout of the image is pretty obviously based off religious iconography of Jesus... doing the hand thing?
It might be a bit blasphemous but I don't think any heavy religious people are gonna be into my work anyway!
I added the phone because of the lyric "flesh and bone by the telephone, lift up the receiver I'll make you a believer" 



The MSI variant had to be pink, to match the video and basically their entire musical career. I'm cheating on the 'secret 7' rules cause this is my brief i'll do what I want to and I've added the initials of the band. 'MSI', just to be able to properly differentiate when I actually get around to doing the other two variants. 


This was a pretty spontaneous idea I think I did a whole one sketch of this, and I'm pretty pleased with how it's come out so far. It's pretty much exactly how I imagined it. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the lyric sheet that I usually do yet though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment